By Rupert Connor
|Position||Size of Vessel||Salary Range|
|Stewardess||All yachts||$3,000 – $5,000 per month|
|Junior Stewardess||All yachts||$2,500 – $3,500 per month|
|Deckhand / Stewardess||110 ft – 250 ft+||$2,500 – $3,500 per month|
|60 ft – 110 ft||$2,000 – $3,000 per month|
Are yacht crews paid well?
- Different Salaries of Yacht Crew Jobs The workers are well paid. Most yacht crew claims that they never invest their staff on their pay without any lodging, bill or housing expenses. For a couple of years serving on a yacht will leave crews with enough money to make a deposit in a house or two or start off their own business.
- 1 Do charter yacht employees get paid?
- 2 How much does a charter yacht chef make?
- 3 Do yachties get paid a salary plus tips?
- 4 Do superyacht charters make money?
- 5 How much does a 3rd stew make?
- 6 How much is Captain Lee paid?
- 7 Is Captain Lee a real captain?
- 8 How much does a yacht chef make on below deck?
- 9 What is a bosun salary?
- 10 How do I get a job on yachting?
- 11 How do you become a Yachty?
- 12 Does Captain Lee get tips?
- 13 How long is a yachting season?
- 14 What do yachties do off season?
Do charter yacht employees get paid?
On a large yacht, a chief stewardess could make around $5,500 to $6,000 (£4,200) per month, while a second and third stewardess will make an average of $5,000 (£3,500). The bosun would also make around $5,000 (£3,500) a month, with their deckhands usually earning a bit less at $3,500-$4,500 (£3,200).
How much does a charter yacht chef make?
On a vessel of up to 35 meters, a monthly yacht chef salary is between $5,000-7,000 before tips. This grows with the size of the boat – on 51-65 meter superyachts a salary of $7,500-8,500 per month is average, and on vessels over 100 meters yacht chef jobs can earn you from $8,500-10,000 monthly.
Do yachties get paid a salary plus tips?
In addition to the crew’s salary, collective tips can be as high as $30,000. In one season alone, the crew earned $168,000–just from tips, according to Bravo. However, each position requires different training, licensing and receives a different salary.
Do superyacht charters make money?
“It’s very improbable that any charter super yacht will turn a profit. The vast majority, 90 – 95% of super yachts that charter, do not earn a profit, what they earn is money to offset expenses.
How much does a 3rd stew make?
Second and third stews would make about $50,000 a season, a chef between $70,000 and $95,000, while a captain would earn $120,000 or more, a bosun about $52,000 and deckhands between $40,000 to $52,000.
How much is Captain Lee paid?
Once Lee’s career took off, he began to make quite a bit of money working on yachts. In general, yacht captains tend to make a lot of money. It all just depends on their experience and the size of the boat. Captain Lee is reportedly making somewhere between $95,000 and $130,000 per year.
Is Captain Lee a real captain?
In short, yes, Lee is actually a yacht captain in real life and is not just “acting” for Below Deck. Lee has more than two decades of experience in the yachting industry, according to Bravo.
How much does a yacht chef make on below deck?
The chefs could get anywhere between $7,000-$10,000 depending on experience. It’s no wonder that the legend that is Ben Robinson has a net worth of around $2.5m. The deck hands are unsurprisingly at the lower end of the pay scale, but are still getting $5,000 a month. Not bad at all.
What is a bosun salary?
A bosun salary generally ranges between $3,500-5,000 per month, starting at $3,500 for those with minimal experience. Factors that might lead to a higher bosun salary include watersport certification, such as those all-important diving or kitesurfing credentials, and engineering experience or qualifications.
How do I get a job on yachting?
To Work on a Yacht Without Experience – Make a Plan
- Be in the right place. There are seasons in the yachting industry.
- Have a professional resume. Prepare a CV that portrays you as an energetic team player.
- Register with Luxury Yacht Group. Register with Luxury Yacht Group.
- Establish references.
- Maintain contact.
How do you become a Yachty?
What Qualifications Do I Need to Become a Yacht Stewardess? All crew need STCW basic safety training, a five-day course, and an ENG1 medical certificate, and some yachts may also require certification in Food Safety & Hygiene, a one-day course.
Does Captain Lee get tips?
Despite not seeing the Below Deck captains taking a portion of the tip, Captain Lee Rosbach says he does receive tip money from the charters. However, the tip seen given out to the crew on the show is only a portion of it. For instance, crew members received $1,000 each when “Max and Dax” left a $12,000 tip.
How long is a yachting season?
Yacht charter seasons explained Winter/summer seasons each last around six months and refer to both location and time of the year; summer yacht charter season spans from around April/May through October, while the winter season starts in November and runs through April.
What do yachties do off season?
During off-season, yachts can schedule yard periods, haul-outs, and major projects.