Average Starting Salary Guidelines
|POSITION||70′ to 100′||160′ to 190′|
|Captain||$84 – $120,000||$192 – $228,000|
|First Officer||$54 – $66,000||$90 – $95,000|
|2nd Mate/Bosun||$48 – $54,000||$66 – $72,000|
|Deckhand||$42 – $48,000||$60 – $66,000|
- Yacht crew salaries start from €2,000 a month for Deckhands and Stewardesses, rising to €4,000+ for more senior roles. A Captain can make €10,000+ per month, depending on the size of the Superyacht. You live onboard the yacht so there are no living expenses. Meals are prepared by the Chef onboard, and you very rarely need to buy any
- 1 Do yacht crew get a salary and tips?
- 2 Do yacht crews get a salary?
- 3 How much does a yacht crew make per season?
- 4 How much tips does yacht crew make?
- 5 How do I get a job on yachting?
- 6 Does yachting pay well?
- 7 Is Yachting a good career?
- 8 How much does Captain Lee make a year?
- 9 How much does a chef on a yacht make?
- 10 What are the crew positions on a yacht?
- 11 How much does a yacht chef make on below deck?
- 12 How long is a yachting season?
- 13 Can you make a lot of money working on a yacht?
Do yacht crew get a salary and tips?
“They do get a salary for being hired as part of the yacht crew, they do get to keep their tips, and they do get a production fee.”
Do yacht crews get a salary?
The deckhands usually make around $3,500-$4,500 a month, while a bosun would make a little bit more at approximately $5,000 a month. As for the tip, a Captain can make up to $100,000 on top of the salary they are getting if they charter their yacht for the full year.
How much does a yacht crew make per season?
A chief stewardess brings in around $5,500 to $6,000 per month, and the chef on the boat could make about $7,000-$10,000 a month, depending on experience and training. The deckhands usually make around $3,500-$4,500 a month, while a bosun would make a little bit more at approximately $5,000 a month.
How much tips does yacht crew make?
In general, brokers advise tipping between 5 to 20 per cent of the base charter fee, depending on the yacht and the location. It is usually towards the lower end of that scale in the Med and higher in the US and Caribbean. Tipping your crew is a customary practice at the end of a superyacht charter.
How do I get a job on yachting?
To Work on a Yacht Without Experience – Make a Plan
- Be in the right place. There are seasons in the yachting industry.
- Have a professional resume. Prepare a CV that portrays you as an energetic team player.
- Register with Luxury Yacht Group. Register with Luxury Yacht Group.
- Establish references.
- Maintain contact.
Does yachting pay well?
Working on a yacht can be lucrative. Insider previously reported that deckhands earn an average of $3,083 to $3,574 a month, depending on the boat size. Captains reportedly get paid even more — they earn $7,750 to $19,961 a month on average.
Is Yachting a good career?
Yachting is a great career and a lot of fun but eventually, if you have family and friends at home that you care about as they get older or become ill you will want to be able to spend time with them. Yachting will always be there if you leave and things do not work out.
How much does Captain Lee make a year?
Once Lee’s career took off, he began to make quite a bit of money working on yachts. In general, yacht captains tend to make a lot of money. It all just depends on their experience and the size of the boat. Captain Lee is reportedly making somewhere between $95,000 and $130,000 per year.
How much does a chef on a yacht make?
On a vessel of up to 35 meters, a monthly yacht chef salary is between $5,000-7,000 before tips. This grows with the size of the boat – on 51-65 meter superyachts a salary of $7,500-8,500 per month is average, and on vessels over 100 meters yacht chef jobs can earn you from $8,500-10,000 monthly.
What are the crew positions on a yacht?
The Most Common Superyacht Crew Positions Are:
- First Officer.
- Second Officer / Mate.
- Chief Engineer.
- Second Engineer.
- Third Engineer.
- AV IT Engineer.
How much does a yacht chef make on below deck?
The chefs could get anywhere between $7,000-$10,000 depending on experience. It’s no wonder that the legend that is Ben Robinson has a net worth of around $2.5m. The deck hands are unsurprisingly at the lower end of the pay scale, but are still getting $5,000 a month. Not bad at all.
How long is a yachting season?
Yacht charter seasons explained Winter/summer seasons each last around six months and refer to both location and time of the year; summer yacht charter season spans from around April/May through October, while the winter season starts in November and runs through April.
Can you make a lot of money working on a yacht?
One of the many benefits of working as yacht crew is financial; most yachties earn a good base salary and have next-to-no living expenses on board, making it quick and easy to save (and spend!) considerable sums of money.