By Rupert Connor
|Position||Size of Vessel||Salary Range|
|Stewardess||All yachts||$3,000 – $5,000 per month|
|Junior Stewardess||All yachts||$2,500 – $3,500 per month|
|Deckhand / Stewardess||110 ft – 250 ft+||$2,500 – $3,500 per month|
|60 ft – 110 ft||$2,000 – $3,000 per month|
- Yacht crew salaries start from €2,000 a month for Deckhands and Stewardesses, rising to €4,000+ for more senior roles. A Captain can make €10,000+ per month, depending on the size of the Superyacht. You live onboard the yacht so there are no living expenses. Meals are prepared by the Chef onboard, and you very rarely need to buy any
- 1 Do yacht crews get a salary?
- 2 How much tips does yacht crew make?
- 3 Do yacht crew get a salary and tips?
- 4 What do yacht chefs make?
- 5 How much does a 3rd stew make?
- 6 How do I get a job on yachting?
- 7 How much does Captain Lee make a year?
- 8 Is Yachting a good career?
- 9 Do yachties make good money?
- 10 Does yachting pay well?
- 11 How long is a yachting season?
- 12 Can you make a lot of money working on a yacht?
- 13 What are the crew positions on a yacht?
Do yacht crews get a salary?
The deckhands usually make around $3,500-$4,500 a month, while a bosun would make a little bit more at approximately $5,000 a month. As for the tip, a Captain can make up to $100,000 on top of the salary they are getting if they charter their yacht for the full year.
How much tips does yacht crew make?
In general, brokers advise tipping between 5 to 20 per cent of the base charter fee, depending on the yacht and the location. It is usually towards the lower end of that scale in the Med and higher in the US and Caribbean. Tipping your crew is a customary practice at the end of a superyacht charter.
Do yacht crew get a salary and tips?
“They do get a salary for being hired as part of the yacht crew, they do get to keep their tips, and they do get a production fee.”
What do yacht chefs make?
On a vessel of up to 35 meters, a monthly yacht chef salary is between $5,000-7,000 before tips. This grows with the size of the boat – on 51-65 meter superyachts a salary of $7,500-8,500 per month is average, and on vessels over 100 meters yacht chef jobs can earn you from $8,500-10,000 monthly.
How much does a 3rd stew make?
Second and third stews would make about $50,000 a season, a chef between $70,000 and $95,000, while a captain would earn $120,000 or more, a bosun about $52,000 and deckhands between $40,000 to $52,000.
How do I get a job on yachting?
To Work on a Yacht Without Experience – Make a Plan
- Be in the right place. There are seasons in the yachting industry.
- Have a professional resume. Prepare a CV that portrays you as an energetic team player.
- Register with Luxury Yacht Group. Register with Luxury Yacht Group.
- Establish references.
- Maintain contact.
How much does Captain Lee make a year?
Once Lee’s career took off, he began to make quite a bit of money working on yachts. In general, yacht captains tend to make a lot of money. It all just depends on their experience and the size of the boat. Captain Lee is reportedly making somewhere between $95,000 and $130,000 per year.
Is Yachting a good career?
Yachting is a great career and a lot of fun but eventually, if you have family and friends at home that you care about as they get older or become ill you will want to be able to spend time with them. Yachting will always be there if you leave and things do not work out.
Do yachties make good money?
They typically make anywhere from $40,000 to $55,000 a year, according to Crewfinders. In addition to boating experience, deckhands should have scuba experience, know how to perform maintenance on a yacht, which includes small repairs and cleaning.
Does yachting pay well?
Working on a yacht can be lucrative. Insider previously reported that deckhands earn an average of $3,083 to $3,574 a month, depending on the boat size. Captains reportedly get paid even more — they earn $7,750 to $19,961 a month on average.
How long is a yachting season?
Yacht charter seasons explained Winter/summer seasons each last around six months and refer to both location and time of the year; summer yacht charter season spans from around April/May through October, while the winter season starts in November and runs through April.
Can you make a lot of money working on a yacht?
One of the many benefits of working as yacht crew is financial; most yachties earn a good base salary and have next-to-no living expenses on board, making it quick and easy to save (and spend!) considerable sums of money.
What are the crew positions on a yacht?
The Most Common Superyacht Crew Positions Are:
- First Officer.
- Second Officer / Mate.
- Chief Engineer.
- Second Engineer.
- Third Engineer.
- AV IT Engineer.