Average Starting Salary Guidelines
|POSITION||70′ to 100′||160′ to 190′|
|Captain||$84 – $120,000||$192 – $228,000|
|First Officer||$54 – $66,000||$90 – $95,000|
|2nd Mate/Bosun||$48 – $54,000||$66 – $72,000|
|Deckhand||$42 – $48,000||$60 – $66,000|
- Yacht crew salaries start from €2,000 a month for Deckhands and Stewardesses, rising to €4,000+ for more senior roles. A Captain can make €10,000+ per month, depending on the size of the Superyacht. You live onboard the yacht so there are no living expenses. Meals are prepared by the Chef onboard, and you very rarely need to buy any
- 1 How much does a yacht crew make per season?
- 2 Do yacht crew get a salary and tips?
- 3 How much do deckhands make on super yachts?
- 4 Can you make a lot of money working on a yacht?
- 5 How much do yacht crew make in tips?
- 6 How do I get a job on yachting?
- 7 How much does Captain Lee make a year?
- 8 How much does a chef on a yacht make?
- 9 How long is a yachting season?
- 10 Do yacht owners tip their crew?
- 11 What are the crew positions on a yacht?
- 12 How much is it to rent a superyacht?
- 13 Is Yachting a good career?
How much does a yacht crew make per season?
A chief stewardess brings in around $5,500 to $6,000 per month, and the chef on the boat could make about $7,000-$10,000 a month, depending on experience and training. The deckhands usually make around $3,500-$4,500 a month, while a bosun would make a little bit more at approximately $5,000 a month.
Do yacht crew get a salary and tips?
“They do get a salary for being hired as part of the yacht crew, they do get to keep their tips, and they do get a production fee.”
How much do deckhands make on super yachts?
Insider previously reported that deckhands earn an average of $3,083 to $3,574 a month, depending on the boat size. Captains reportedly get paid even more — they earn $7,750 to $19,961 a month on average.
Can you make a lot of money working on a yacht?
One of the many benefits of working as yacht crew is financial; most yachties earn a good base salary and have next-to-no living expenses on board, making it quick and easy to save (and spend!) considerable sums of money.
How much do yacht crew make in tips?
In general, brokers advise tipping between 5 to 20 per cent of the base charter fee, depending on the yacht and the location. It is usually towards the lower end of that scale in the Med and higher in the US and Caribbean.
How do I get a job on yachting?
To Work on a Yacht Without Experience – Make a Plan
- Be in the right place. There are seasons in the yachting industry.
- Have a professional resume. Prepare a CV that portrays you as an energetic team player.
- Register with Luxury Yacht Group. Register with Luxury Yacht Group.
- Establish references.
- Maintain contact.
How much does Captain Lee make a year?
Once Lee’s career took off, he began to make quite a bit of money working on yachts. In general, yacht captains tend to make a lot of money. It all just depends on their experience and the size of the boat. Captain Lee is reportedly making somewhere between $95,000 and $130,000 per year.
How much does a chef on a yacht make?
On a vessel of up to 35 meters, a monthly yacht chef salary is between $5,000-7,000 before tips. This grows with the size of the boat – on 51-65 meter superyachts a salary of $7,500-8,500 per month is average, and on vessels over 100 meters yacht chef jobs can earn you from $8,500-10,000 monthly.
How long is a yachting season?
Yacht charter seasons explained Winter/summer seasons each last around six months and refer to both location and time of the year; summer yacht charter season spans from around April/May through October, while the winter season starts in November and runs through April.
Do yacht owners tip their crew?
The custom of guests leaving a tip for the crew at the end of their yacht vacation has become so ingrained in the industry that most crew working aboard charter yachts expect to be rewarded for their efforts with a pile of money on top of their salaries.
What are the crew positions on a yacht?
The Most Common Superyacht Crew Positions Are:
- First Officer.
- Second Officer / Mate.
- Chief Engineer.
- Second Engineer.
- Third Engineer.
- AV IT Engineer.
How much is it to rent a superyacht?
However, on average, a week-long private yacht charter costs anywhere from $10,000 on luxurious sailing yachts and catamarans, and up to $150,000 for superyachts.
Is Yachting a good career?
Yachting is a great career and a lot of fun but eventually, if you have family and friends at home that you care about as they get older or become ill you will want to be able to spend time with them. Yachting will always be there if you leave and things do not work out.