7-Day Sailing Itinerary for the San Juan Islands
- Day 1: Anacortes to Lopez Island.
- Day 2: Lopez Island to Friday Harbor, San Juan Island.
- Day 3: Friday Harbor to Roche Harbor, San Juan Island.
- Day 4: Roche Harbour to Reid Harbor, Stuart Island.
- Day 5: Reid Harbour to Sucia Island.
Which San Juans island should you visit?
- One of the northernmost islands in the San Juans, Sucia is an absolute gem and a must-see for Pacific Northwest boaters. Almost all of the horseshoe-shaped island is taken up by Washington State Park land—offering up 10 miles of beautiful hiking trails, ancient evergreens, and gorgeous vistas.
- 1 How long does it take to sail from Seattle to the San Juan Islands?
- 2 How long does it take to sail from Anacortes to Friday Harbor?
- 3 How many days do you need in San Juan Islands?
- 4 Are the San Juan Islands safe?
- 5 How long is ferry ride to San Juan Islands?
- 6 How much is ferry to San Juan Islands?
- 7 What ferries leave Anacortes?
- 8 What ferry goes to Roche Harbor?
- 9 What ferry goes to Anacortes?
- 10 What celebrities live in the San Juan Islands?
- 11 Can you see the Northern Lights from the San Juan Islands?
- 12 When can you see whales in the San Juan Islands?
- 13 Is Friday Harbor Safe?
- 14 Where should I live on the San Juan Islands?
- 15 What are the San Juan Islands known for?
How long does it take to sail from Seattle to the San Juan Islands?
1. The Victoria Clipper (passenger only) boat leaves from downtown Seattle and goes directly to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. The trip takes about 3 hours each way.
How long does it take to sail from Anacortes to Friday Harbor?
How long does it take to get from Anacortes to Friday Harbor? It takes approximately 1h 28m to get from Anacortes to Friday Harbor, including transfers.
How many days do you need in San Juan Islands?
Stay for two days to enjoy the full breadth of island life with morning mist rolling through the farmlands and fiery sunsets over the water. Consider visiting during the week to avoid larger weekend crowds and spend time island-hopping between activities on San Juan, Orcas, and Lopez Island.
Are the San Juan Islands safe?
Very safe, hardly a question to be asked of San Juan (or any Island in that archipelago). Lots of tourists (not like the east coast, however), families, Friday Harbor Labs with students and faculty, etc. You’ll fold into Island Time and relax, have a great time.
How long is ferry ride to San Juan Islands?
The ferry ride from Anacortes to San Juan Island (Friday Harbor) is approximately 1 hour.
How much is ferry to San Juan Islands?
The round-trip fare is $59 for adults and $39 for children ages 6 to 12. These passenger ferries operate between mid-May and early September. You can also get from Sea-Tac Airport or downtown Seattle to the San Juan Islands ferry terminal in Anacortes on the Airporter Shuttle (tel.
What ferries leave Anacortes?
All San Juan Islands ferries depart from the Anacortes Ferry Terminal located at 2100 Ferry Terminal Rd, Anacortes, WA 98221.
What ferry goes to Roche Harbor?
Driving To Roche Harbor If you’re leaving from the US, Anacortes is going to be your destination before boarding the San Juan Island ferry. After disembarking the ferry, Roche Harbor is a short, 20-minute drive through rural farmland and forests. Map directions from your starting point to the Anacortes Ferry Terminal.
What ferry goes to Anacortes?
Washington State Ferries operates only one international scheduled ferry service, between Anacortes in Washington State and Sidney on the Saanich Peninsula of Vancouver Island. The scenic ferry route winds through the San Juan Islands (Lopez and Orca Islands) amidst spectacular scenery.
What celebrities live in the San Juan Islands?
Bill Gates, Steve Miller, and Tom Skerritt are some of the other well-known people who own estates on the San Juan Islands.
Can you see the Northern Lights from the San Juan Islands?
At times you can see meteor showers, the northern lights, satellites and the most spectacular full moons shining on the glistening Salish Sea. And the best part: it’s the quiet season.
When can you see whales in the San Juan Islands?
Orca whales range through the San Juan Islands the most between March and October and you can expect to see them on the vast majority of our tours during that time, although we do have sightings throughout the year. We also regularly encounter beautiful Humpback Whales (through November) and Minke whales in the area.
Is Friday Harbor Safe?
Is Friday Harbor, WA Safe? The F grade means the rate of crime is much higher than the average US city. Friday Harbor is in the 2nd percentile for safety, meaning 98% of cities are safer and 2% of cities are more dangerous.
Where should I live on the San Juan Islands?
These are friendly communities with plenty to keep you amused, as well as plenty of places to sit, relax and watch the day go by.
- Friday Harbor San Juan Island.
- Deer Harbor Orcas Island.
- Olga Orcas Island.
- Eastsound Orcas Island.
- Lopez Village Lopez Island.
- West Sound Orcas Island.
What are the San Juan Islands known for?
The islands are famous for their resident pods of Orcas (Orca Whales, or Orca Orcinus) – Listen to live Orca songs here. There are three resident pods that eat salmon (there are 5 different types of Pacific salmon: King, Sockeye, Silver, Pink, and Chum) ) but also some transient orcas that come to take Harbor seals.