When did the song Sailing by Christopher Cross come out?
- Sailing (Christopher Cross song) ” Sailing ” is a 1980 soft rock song written and recorded by American artist Christopher Cross. It was released in June 1980 as the second single from his eponymous debut album (1979). The song was a success in the USA, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on August 30, 1980,
What was the number one song on August 27th 1980?
The number one song in the week of August 27, 1980 was Sailing by Christopher Cross in US and The Winner Takes It All by Abba in UK.
What was the number one song on August 30 1980?
Young American singer-songwriter Christopher Cross completes a meteoric rise from obscurity when his hit ballad “ Sailing” reaches the top of the Billboard pop chart on August 30, 1980.
Who wrote Maggie May song?
“Sailing” was written by Gavin Sutherland, and recorded by him and his brother Iain in 1972; with Gavin on drums and Iain playing the harmonium, both brothers providing the vocals. It was produced by Muff Winwood and released on the Island Records label, peaking in the UK charts at number 54.
What was the number one song on August 24th 1980?
What was the number one song in August 24, 1980? The number one song in the week of August 24, 1980 was Magic by Olivia Newton-John in US and The Winner Takes It All by Abba in UK.
What was the most played song in 1980?
Top 100 Hits of 1980/Top 100 Songs of 1980
- Call Me – Blondie.
- Another Brick In the Wall – Pink Floyd.
- Magic – Olivia Newton-John.
- Rock With You – Michael Jackson.
- Do That to Me One More Time – The Captain and Tennille.
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen.
- Coming Up – Paul McCartney.
- Funkytown – Lipps, Inc.
What was the number one rock song in 1980?
Queen scored two #1 hits with “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” and “Another One Bites the Dust” in 1980. Kenny Rogers scored his first #1 hit with ” Lady” in 1980.